Laity View Drop-Off, Pick-Up, and Parking Reminders
A reminder that the Staff Parking Lot is closed to parents for parking during morning drop-off and after-school pick-up times. In the morning and after school, we ask that you find parking in the neighbourhood and walk to drop-off/pick-up your child. Please remember to be mindful of our neighbours when you park your car in the neighbourhood. We sometimes receive calls from people when driveways are partially blocked by parked cars. There is limited parking on the road, so please consider using the Westview Overflow Parking lot on 123rd Avenue. There is ample parking in the overflow parking lot. We realize parking is at a premium; however, please exercise caution and a conservative sense of judgment when looking for spots to park your vehicles.
Ten Safety Tips for Laity View Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- ARRIVE ON TIMEAll students should be dropped off between 8:15am and 8:25am. The first bell rings at 8:25am and students should be at their classroom door by 8:30am. All students must be picked up between 2:20pm and 2:30pm. We do not have supervision available beyond these times. When you are late, this creates anxiety, confusion and disruption for everyone concerned, especially and most important our children.
- BE PREPAREDChildren in elementary school should be able to buckle up and out on their own, open and close car doors on their own, and carry their own bags. Practice these skills at home in the driveway. A child’s self-confidence grows when we teach them the tools to be successful.
- STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE during drop off and pick when pulling alongside the yellow curbs as indicated on the drop off/pick up map.
- KEEP IT SAFE AND QUICKAll families are busy; all families want to be on time. Please pull away as quickly as possible when safe. We are trying to keep the traffic safe, moving, and efficient.
- YELLOW CURBSThere is a reason that the curbs are painted yellow. There is NO PARKING along the yellow curbs. Please remain in your vehicle during drop off and pick when pulling alongside the yellow curbs.
- KEEP PULLING FORWARD as this allows vehicles to move into the drop off/pick up zone safely. All students know how to get to their classrooms on their own. They all do it on their own several times a day. When you stop to let your child out at the curb, stay alert and keep pulling up when safe as far as possible.
- DRIVE THROUGH ALTERNATE LANE Please do not stop or park in the alternate drive-through lane during morning drop-off and after-school pick-up times.
- CHILDREN MUST BE WAITING OUT FRONT as we do not have the staff capacity to page students.
- USE PASSENGER SIDE ONLYDriver’s side doors should NOT be used in the drop off/pick up zone.
- DO NOT BLOCK OR EVEN PARTIALLY BLOCKthe driveways of any of our neighbors, not even for a few minutes.
We are all special; traffic rules apply to all of our families. Please don’t make decisions that may work for you but inconvenience everyone else. Thank you for your help in keeping all the students, parents, and staff at Laity View safe.