2023-2024- Laity View PAC
If you wish to contact a PAC member please email: email@example.com.
Regarding the Hot Lunch Program (Munch-a-Lunch) : firstname.lastname@example.org
Role of the PAC
The purpose of the PAC is to improve public education for our students by including and supporting parents. Our mission is to be the collective voice of parents, promoting the best possible education for our children through meaningful parent participation in an advisory role at the school and the school district level.
- PRESIDENT speaks on behalf of the council, conducts bi-monthly meetings, prepares agendas and chair monthly meetings, may be a signing officer, organizes speakers, presentations and other events .
- VICE PRESIDENT: Supports & assists the chair and/ or assumes duties if required may also be a signer.
- SECRETARY: Meeting notifications, minutes, photocopying and filing of minutes, document preparation and maintenance as required. May be a signing officer.
- TREASURER: Act as a signing officer. Ensure all funds are accounted for and disperse as required. Maintain financial records and accounts and report on them at all meetings, draft annual budget with assistance from the executive.
- MEMBERS-AT-LARGE: Assist PAC as needed .
If you want to get to know a great group of people and get more involved with your child(ren)’s school being on the PAC or attending meetings regularly is a wonderful way to help out. The work they do for the school and their fund raising efforts are greatly appreciated by all! There is great flexibility AND you don’t have to be a stay home parent to get involved. Please come to our next PAC meeting to hear more.
Contact us: email@example.com
Please collect and bring in your Save-On-Foods receipts. For every $10,000 in receipts the school will receive a $10.00 gift card. Receipts may be dropped off in the PAC box at the office or the envelope available on the PAC Notice Board in the main hall.
Each year we look for many volunteers to help us with different committees. Please look over the following committees and see if there is anything you can help us with. We really appreciate any help that you can give. Please don’t feel obligated to join a committee, all help is welcome.
* Hot Lunch Days
* Treat Days
* Our School Library always needs help.
* New initiatives
Each year we nominate a new PAC Executive. A PAC member may keep the same position for no more than 3 consecutive years, however that person has to be voted in each year.
Two weeks prior to Election night nomination forms can be picked-up at the school office. The parents will have one week to send their nomination forms back to the office. At that time each nominee will be contacted and when we have the nominations accepted, they will be posted on the office bulletin board. This will give all parents the opportunity to see who has been nominated and then come out on Election night to vote.
Should you have any questions regarding the voting or if you are interested in any of the Executive positions, please do not hesitate to contact any PAC member. We can be reached by leaving a message at the office 463-7108 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
At our PAC meetings we try and update DPAC, PAC , School Planning Council, and the Volunteer Committees. Each month we have a Principal and Vice Principals’ Update so we always know what’s going on here at Laity View and in the School District.
PLEASE BECOME INVOLVED BY ATTENDING PAC MEETINGS OR HELPING TO VOLUNTEER. BEING INVOLVED IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR OUR CHILDREN.