There are unique characteristics that perhaps make Hammond’s traffic situation more complicated than other schools; however, it is similar to all schools in that the busy, congested period lasts only about 10 minutes after dismissal. So, for the sake of the safety our children, if everyone follows our procedures and is patient for 10 minutes things will go smoothly and safely.
Reminder of our parking lot guidelines:
- When double parked or stopping beside a yellow curb you must stay in your vehicle so you can move it if the person you are blocking needs to exit the lot.
- It is imperative that we leave a clear path through the middle of the lot so traffic can keep moving.
- If you get to the flagpole and your child has not arrived there continue to circle the lot until they do.
- Do not park at the entrance that funnels traffic into and out of the lot as it blocks traffic flow.
- Use the perimeter sidewalks to walk to the overflow lot rather than weaving in and out of the cars.
- Travel through the parking lot at idle speed