To help families collect their children’s personal school supplies, this September (2022) Hammond Elementary is charging a flat fee of $55 per child (planner included). This flat fee of $55 will cover all personal school supplies (planner included) that each child will need for the school year. Intermediate classes have a list of items that are required, not included in the flat fee and may not need to be purchased each year. Parents will have the option to pay $55 once in September or over two installments (September $30, February $25). For most families this means… one payment, once a year, to take care of all their child(ren)’s personal school supply needs.
This flat fee will ensure that school supplies bought for all students:
- Are the appropriate learning supplies for the grade level
- Are of good quality and will last the year
- Are cost effective
- Will eliminate the “hassle” factor many families experience struggling to find required supplies
- Will help to reduce visible inequalities with regards to student socio economic situations by ensuring everyone has the consistent and comparable learning materials
How will this process work?
Classroom teachers will bulk order the required student school supplies in June and through out the year as needed. Supplies will be delivered to the school in August and will be ready for use when children arrive in September. Teachers will ensure that students have the school supplies children require through out the school year. If a child leaves part way through the year, they will be provided with supplies to take with them for their new school.
Any families with additional questions about this process, or who are concerned about financial hardship, are encouraged to talk with their classroom teacher directly for assistance.
The following items are required for INTERMEDIATE STUDENTS ONLY (Gr. 4 to Gr 7) but may not need to be purchased each year:
- pair scissors metal 7” – right or left hand
- 1 plastic ruler (30 cm long – marked in cm/mm)
- 1 pencil box/case
- 1 calculator, basic 8 digit, dual power1
- 1 usb flash drive, 4gb
- 1 binder 2 or 3 inch
- 1 pair of clean, “non-marking”, inside running shoes. (we encourage students to wear shoes which are to be used for gym as well as inside shoes.)
- gym strip (t-shirt, shorts, drawstring bag)
- 1 box of pastels
- 1 set of headphones
- 1 geometry set (compass, protractor) – Grade 6/7