What are the Benefits of Daily Physical Activity?
Being active every day has lots of benefits. Some are physical, like getting stronger. Some are emotional, like feeling more relaxed. And some are social, like making new friends. Here is a list of some of the benefits of daily physical activity. See if you can sort them into physical, emotional and social benefits. Some may fit in more than one column. That’s okay.
- you do better in school
- you feel good about yourself
- your overall health is better
- you meet new friends
- you feel more relaxed
- your body grows and develops
- you’re more fit you get sick less often
- you get to do fun things with your family
- you have more energy
- it’s easier to stay at a a healthy weight
- your bones and muscles get stronger
- you sleep better
- you develop movement skills