Dear c’usqunela Families,
There is a lot going on at the school in the coming days so I’m sending out the details again today to help these initial week(s) go smoothly.
- As you may have heard, the federal government announced yesterday that THIS coming Monday, September 19, 2022, will be a national day of mourning to commemorate the funeral of Queen Elizabeth be CLOSED on Monday, September 19, 2022. All Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District schools and school district offices will now be closed this coming Monday.
- c’usqunela will again be participating in the Terry Fox Run! Last year we raised over $7600 and were one of the top 25 schools in the province. This year we will be offering students and families a chance to order Terry T-shirts in advance. Orders for T-shirts MUST be made this week to ensure delivery. The order information link is below or use the QR code. A paper copy was also sent home on Friday. We will also do a coin as well next week to support this very worthy cause.
“Nobody is ever going to call me a quitter.” – Terry Fox
CQE School Donation link
- School Open House – Thursday September 22 from 6-7pm
With covid restrictions lifting we are now able to begin our first steps back towards bigger school events. Our staff would like to invite families to the school between 6-7pm on Thursday September 22nd for an informal Open House. If your family is available please drop by to walk the halls, see your child’s classroom, and of course meet your children’s teachers.
- Our September PAC Meeting is THIS Thursday
Our first PAC meeting of the year will be held on Thursday, September 15th, 7pm at the school.
Did you know that every parent is a member of the PAC and can vote at PAC meetings? All parents of c’usqunela students are welcome and encouraged to come to meetings. Hope to see you there!
- PAC Subway Hot Lunch Day September 26th – To order hot lunches and treats for your children simply log onto the Munchalunch website to create a profile (if necessary) and then simply enter your child’s order using the link below. Ordering for Subway Day opens today and will close automatically next week Wednesday, September 21.
- Payment for Student Supplies will begin to be collected this week by classroom teachers.
Rather than requiring parents to purchase school supplies for their children c’usqunela has again ordered bulk school supplies for students for this coming year. We will continue to charge a flat fee of $55 per child (planner included). This flat fee of $55 will cover ALL personal school supplies that each child will need for the school year. If any family wishes to purchase supplies separately they will again have this option. Beginning today, parents have the option of paying on the Parent Portal or by sending cash (exact change) or a cheque made out to c’usqunela Elementary School to their child’s teacher. If this payment presents a hardship to your family please speak to your child’s teacher.