Dear c’usqunela Families,
Thank you to all families for making the kids first week back and transition into new classrooms a smooth one. The school already has such a positive buzz in the classrooms and halls! We have some exciting things planned for the kids this year including an Open House and Terry Fox Run very soon. Some items to be aware of to help make this second week a good one are below:
- c’usqunela will again be participating in the Terry Fox Run! Last year we raised over $7600 and were one of the top 25 schools in the province. This year we will be offering students and families a chance to order Terry T-shirts in advance. Orders for T-shirts MUST be made this week to ensure delivery. The order information link is below. A paper copy was also sent home on Friday. We will be having a coin drivel next week as well to support this very worthy cause.
“Nobody is ever going to call me a quitter.” – Terry Fox
CQE School Donation link
- School Open House – Thursday September 22 from 6-7pm
With covid restrictions lifting we are now able to begin our first steps back towards bigger school events. Our staff would like to invite families to the school between 6-7pm on Thursday September 22nd for an informal Open House. If your family is available please drop by to walk the halls, see your child’s classroom, and of course meet your children’s teachers.
- Our September PAC Meeting is THIS Thursday
Our first PAC meeting of the year will be held on Thursday, September 15th, 7pm at the school.
Did you know that every parent is a member of the PAC and can vote at PAC meetings? All parents of c’usqunela students are welcome and encouraged to come to meetings. Hope to see you there!
- Payment for Student Supplies will begin to be collected this week by classroom teachers.
Rather than requiring parents to purchase school supplies for their children, c’usqunela has again ordered bulk school supplies for students for this coming year. We will continue to charge a flat fee of $55 per child (planner included). This flat fee of $55 will cover ALL personal school supplies that each child will need for the school year. If any family wishes to purchase supplies separately they will again have this option. Beginning today, parents have the option of paying on the Parent Portal or by sending cash (exact change) or a cheque made out to c’usqunela Elementary School to their child’s teacher. If this payment presents a hardship to your family please speak to your child’s teacher
- Community Soccer After School Program Information – Still a few spaces remaining!
Albion FC and SD 42 are again offering soccer clinics for interested students in grades 4-7. Please see below for details and registration information. Mondays and Wednesdays, Sept. 19 to Oct. 19, 2022 (2:30 to 3:30 p.m.) Cost: $72 (eight sessions). Albion FC Certified Coach Grades 4-7
To register go to schooldistrict42.perfectmind.com.